Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks


It is the end of a short work week, the beginning of a long 4-day weekend and just a few hours shy of what will soon be Thanksgiving.  This will be my first Thanksgiving post on my Blog and I thought I would share with you what I am most thankful for.
I adore my husband and my boys and I give thanks every day for every minute I get to spend with them.  I give thanks for the fact that I was able to marry someone who is truly my best friend and will always be there for me.  And I give thanks for my sons, who are both not only great kids but awesome individuals in their own right, and I treasure the fact that I am a part of their lives.

I give thanks for the rest of my family…my parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, in-laws and beyond.  I also give thanks to my friends. 
I am thankful for my home, my job, my health and so many other things.  The list, really, could go on and on.  Overall, I have much to be thankful for and which I will continue to be thankful for way beyond this day when we are asked to give thanks.


As we should appreciate those who help shape our lives, we should also appreciate the individual we have become based on the influence of those who greatly affect us.  I am thankful for my abilities, for my craft as a writer, for my strength and for my independent personality. 
Thanksgiving is a nice way to get the family together, show our appreciation for each other and offer our thanks for that which could be taken from us on a whim.   I hope you too have much to be thankful for and that you get to spend this holiday with those who mean the most to you.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment