Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Book Signing Event is just days away!


Hmm, wonder what I should blog about this evening?

That’s an easy question to answer.  You know with a book signing just days away, there’s really not much else on my mind.  Okay, I admit, there’s always a lot on my mind but still…the signing takes over many of my thoughts.
But all is good.  The venue has been chosen, the date is set in stone and I’ve invited everyone and their mother with high hopes that my first signing for Best Kept Secrets will be an even better success than the first time around for No Mother of Mine.  How I’m feeling this time around is much different than how I felt as I prepared for my very first signing.  I just read one of the posts I wrote as I was preparing for that event; boy, was I a mess!  I’m really not too stressed about this upcoming event (at least not today).  This is my fourth book signing event so maybe I’m starting to get the hang of it. 

One can only hope.
I’ve made my lists and checked them twice.  The store manager has done what he said he’d do and I’ve done my part, as well.  The posters are on the doors, the flyers will continue to be handed out every day to potential readers, and my name is, yet again, up in lights…or at least on a reader board where many cars will pass it every day. 

Oh, and most important, boxes of new books just for this event have arrived.  There is nothing prettier than a full box of brand new books.
 
So what else is there to do?  Well, continue to get the word out, is all I can think of.  I’ve said it somewhere before, whether here or on Facebook or maybe to those who receive my e-mails, but this will likely be the only book signing I’ll have between now and the first of the year.  So if you’d like to get a signed copy of the book, I certainly hope you’ll be able to make time to stop by to see me at Ralph’s Thriftway in Olympia this Saturday.  For those who do buy books at this signing, the books will be on sale for a special rate during the signing only, so don’t miss out! 

I’m really looking forward to Saturday – I hope I see you there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment