Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Just Checking In…


Not much of a post this evening due to an extremely busy schedule this week.  I am at the tail end of the NaNoWriMo challenge and am very close to making the goal of 50,000 words.  There are only two days left and after what I wrote tonight, I have less than 2,000 words until I beat the challenge.  I’m so close I can taste it but I won’t be finishing tonight because my eyes are burning and I think I need a good night’s rest.  I’ve decided I should be a good girl and get to bed early.
In the meantime, I thought I would share with you this handy little word chart the NaNoWriMo organization kept for me while I was writing.  It shows just how well I was able to hit my mark just about every day.  The chart also shows I have only 1,923 words remaining which I can easily finish tomorrow night after having added 2,007 words today. 
 

This challenge has been a number of things for me but overall it gave me a heightened need to get a lot of work done in a short amount of time.  It’s not a schedule I’d like to regularly keep but it sure helped to get the ball rolling so that a large part of the story plot and subplots are now mapped out.  This book is now a part of me and won’t let go until I get it all down on paper and I look forward to where this book continues to take the characters and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment