Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Hitting the Curve Balls


Do you ever have one of those days? 
How about one of those weeks?

For some, you might say it’s been one of those years!
It has been quite a year for us, I’ll admit; with a lot of curve balls masquerading as changes and uncertainty.  Getting through tough times means you either have to roll with the punches or do your best to fight through whatever comes your way but no matter what, don’t lie down and take it till it beats you.  I’m not always the best about following this particular advice but I know you should also stay positive.  You have to hope and eventually expect that there will come a time when whatever difficulty you are facing will pass or at some point get better.    

So how do people stay positive during difficult situations? 
As life continues to throw curve balls, I’ve learned that the best way to stay positive is to have someone right there by your side.  Whether it is your spouse, a best friend or another family member, remember to keep them close and to be honest about what you are going through because no one should have to fight through any difficulty by themselves.  Having the support of a loved one and a positive attitude will beat being alone and negative any day of the week.

Everyone deals with difficulties throughout life; we duck many curve balls and every so often we get lucky and hit a few out of the park.  But what really matters in the end, after you’ve been thrown more curve balls than you thought you could manage, is how the challenge changed you, how it strengthened your relationship with your love ones, what you were able to learn from it and whether it made you stronger, wiser and more able to take on the next challenge sure to come your way.
“Experience is not what happens to a man;
it is what a man does with what happens to him.”
~Aldous Huxley~
Whether we wish it or not, we all have to be prepared for more curve balls in life.  And whether we admit it or not, most of us still have a lot to learn as we face each new challenge.  I know I won’t say I’ve learned all I can learn from the obstacles I’ve had to face so far.  I admit there is always room for improvement when it comes to attitude, expectations and growth.  When it comes to life’s curve balls, I will do my best to stay positive, duck when I have to and when I’m able I will attempt to swing my hardest.  Sometimes it doesn’t hurt to show life you’re not afraid to take on a curve ball or two. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment