Sunday, March 31, 2013

An Easter weekend like no other


Happy Easter! 
It is a beautiful and warm Sunday afternoon here in the Pacific Northwest.  Spring has certainly decided to step it up as it welcomes us with some terrific weather.  I can imagine how much fun the little kids are having today if they get to hunt for Easter eggs in their own back yards.

So how are you spending your Easter weekend?  I’ll be spending it with family as we gather together to have Easter dinner.  Right now I’m enjoying some peace and quiet at home as I work on my book and other paperwork.  It’s also giving me a chance to write this post now rather than this evening. 
Easter kind of snuck up on me this year.  When I scheduled the book signing for yesterday, I really hadn’t thought about the fact that I’d scheduled it the same weekend as Easter.  I don’t know if I would have chosen another weekend had I really thought about it but now that the signing is over, it’s nice to know I have one less to-do list to think about.

Book signing set-up at Ralph's

The book signing yesterday may be over but the results of a successful event will have a lasting effect.  It was a terrific day.  I met so many new people and all of them were very thoughtful with their questions about my work and very kind with their comments as they wished me success.  This signing was a lot like the first; with waves of people coming in at the same time, then a lull to allow me to take a breather before I began to worry if anyone else was going to show up just as another wave would pass on through.  I met quite a variation of people yesterday and the three hours allotted for the signing passed by in a flash.  Before I knew it, it was time to pack up and go.  Even then, as I was clearing the table and packing my bag, a few readers rushed to get a copy before everything was completely closed down.

I won’t hesitate to say again that the manger of Ralph’s Thriftway was a wonderful partner with regard to setting up this event.  His optimistic upbeat attitude is a trait I admire very much.  The employees who assisted me during the event were extremely friendly, a great help and I also enjoyed their company as well as their positive attitudes.   Even though the sun was out and many people were probably busy with yard work or Easter preparations, there was a good turnout and the signing was an enjoyable, successful event. 

Whether a signing should be held during a holiday weekend or not, now that I think about, I’m glad I had the book signing yesterday.  It has made this an Easter weekend like no other as well as a long-lasting good memory.  I truly enjoyed meeting everyone who stopped by to share their time with me during the event – it was a pleasure and gives me more reason to look forward to the next. 

      

No comments:

Post a Comment