Monday, June 17, 2013

School’s Out means Busier Days


I’m not sure if it’s ever happened before on a Sunday but I did not post yesterday. 
The earth didn’t shake.

Lightening didn’t strike me.
And I was even able to sleep through the night without any guilt or bad dreams. 

Maybe you noticed; and maybe you didn’t.  Like me, maybe you were too busy yourself to even get on the computer all day.  It was Father’s Day, after all.  And not only that, it was just one busy, hectic, calendar-stuffed kind of weekend.
We ended the school year on Friday so my youngest is now on summer break.  Good for him but I know soon enough he’ll get bored since he’s not yet driving.  Here’s hoping the summer weather comes sooner rather than later so he can enjoy swimming and other sorts of fun summer should be all about.  Not only was Friday the last day of school for my youngest, it was thankfully only a half day because the rest of afternoon was set aside to attend the college graduation for my oldest son and his girlfriend.  I cannot describe how proud I am of both of them.  With a degree in Criminal Justice and a good head start towards a degree in Nursing, they both have bright futures ahead of them and I look forward to what they will both accomplish as they continue to reach the goals they have set for themselves.


This is probably the busiest season for us as a family when it comes to graduations…not only did my son and his girlfriend graduate, but a nephew, a niece and also my sister-in-law all graduated from college.  On the same day!  I honestly can’t recall having so many family members graduate college at the same time.  Obviously, I didn’t make it to the other graduation ceremonies…once I figure out how to be in more than one place at one time, I’ll let you know.

The rest of the weekend didn’t slow down from there…with a birthday party, family gathering for Father’s Day and many chores completed around the yard to prepare for an upcoming party, there was barely time to take a breath, much less write a blog post.  I’ll do my best to keep up with my Wednesday/Sunday schedule but in anticipation of the upcoming party, the 4th of July, a book event, a vacation, an anniversary and various other things, not to mention writing and gardening, don’t be surprised if the days I post vary over the next two months.  I guess I could use this as an opportunity to try to plan ahead - - but doesn’t that mean I have to find the time to plan ahead?  Hmm, I’m not sure how to deal with that quandary.  We’ll see how it goes so just bear with me…summer days are often some of the busiest days. 
I hope you also enjoyed your Father’s Day weekend and made the most of it.  Until next time…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment