Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 is Full of Possibilities


It’s the first day of a new month in a brand new year.  The holidays are now over and most of us have put away the decorations and returned the house back to its normal state.  Some may be feeling sticker shock at how much was spent over the holidays.  Many might be looking forward to using the gift cards they received once the after-holiday crowds have thinned out.  Some may be missing the extra time they were able to spend with family while others may be counting down the days until the kids finally go back to school.
While I did have a terrific holiday with the family, what I like about this time of year is the peace I feel now that everything is back to normal.  No more marathon shopping, last minute preparations, parties to prepare for and to-do lists to check off in full.  More importantly, I can get back on a regular schedule with my writing. 

For me, the New Year means looking back so that I can move forward.  I think about what I’ve accomplished, what worked, what didn’t and how I can change things to move closer to my goals.  While 2013 was a good year for me, I look forward to 2014 with anticipation I haven’t felt for a long time. 

I truly believe this is going to be a great year. 


I’m optimistic that 2014 will move many in a positive direction because it is full of possibilities and promise.  I feel extremely inspired about the coming year and what I can continue to accomplish, not only in my personal life when it comes to family, health and work, but also as I move closer to the goals I have as a writer. 

How do you feel about 2014?  Have you thought back to how 2013 treated you and what you’d like to accomplish this year?  Do you treat each New Year as a clean slate or is the New Year a continuation of steps you’re taking to reach certain goals?  However you view it, I wish you a Happy New Year and I hope 2014 treats you very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment