Sunday, October 12, 2014

Projects are getting close to completion!

We’re nearing the end of another year and I’m about to publish not one, but two more books…the third book in the series and another short story.  It can be such a slow process, both for myself and those who look forward to reading my books, but I know I’m doing well considering what it takes to complete a novel and the amount of time the day job consumes.  By the end of this year, I’ll have written and published three novels and two short stories in three years and these are accomplishments I am very proud of.

I’ve heard the question from many over the past two years since my first novel was published…how do you find the time to do what you do?  It’s a simple question but not always easy to answer.  Sometimes I can’t believe how much I’ve accomplished in just a few years but sometimes I wish I could do more. 

And I will do more…it will just take time.

So how is it that I find the time to work, raise a family and write books? 

There really is no easy answer other than that I just do it.  It takes finding the time, staying focused and having strong goals.  Like others who start a new business, train for a marathon, vow to lose one hundred pounds, save every penny they can for their dream vacation or decide to go back to school to gain a degree, I have a passion to do something more for myself. 

The idea behind it is so easy and yet difficult at the same time.

The easy part is the idea.  What is it you really want to do?  The hard part is making it happen.  But it doesn’t have to be difficult if you stay focused when it comes to your goals and just take it one step at a time.  Long-term goals are great but you can only reach those goals if you also focus on completing the short-term goals first, one after another.  And that’s what I continue to do…I can think ahead to where I want to be ten years from now, and I will strive to make that dream happen, but it will only happen if I continue to reach the short-terms goals I have set for myself. 

And I’m about to reach another short-term goal to add to my list of what it will take to reach my long-term goal.  Even better than that, rather than one book, I’m going to publish two books to share with readers.  Both have been edited and are going through some final revisions and then I’ll be working on the covers and book blurbs.  I can’t wait to get them published…it really can’t happen soon enough but, as I said, it is a process.  And then, very soon, once those books are published I’ll be working on another story.  That’s what it takes and how I do what I do.  I just take it one step at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment