Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Platform Challenge, Day 3

I’ve never blogged three days in a row…this challenge is doing wonders for me or it’s going to completely wear me out, I’m not quite sure.  As long as you don’t get tired of reading what I have to say, I guess it’ll be okay.

Now that doesn’t mean I’ll continue to blog every day, even to keep up with this challenge but my intent is to finish the platform challenge Robert Brewer threw at us and daily blogging may be what it takes.  I don’t want to get too far behind on the tasks because I might not be able to catch up.
So, what’s the task for today?  I am happy to say the task was so easy I didn’t have to lift a finger.  Well, I guess I had to lift my finger(s) just to type this post so it has taken some effort but the task itself was easy…

We just had to create a Facebook page. 
Mine is already done! 

Brewer suggests having a public Facebook page.  Why?  He believes we should be easy to locate and easy to contact.  Eventually, as writers, he’s hoping that we become worth contacting.  I’ll argue that I’m worth contacting now, but I guess that’s besides the professional point of view.
Regardless of what Brewer suggests, I don’t want to make my Facebook page public.  My Facebook page is for me, my family and my friends.  I guess its possible Brewer may be asking us to create a completely separate Facebook page for our writing.  Well…shoot!  I bet that’s what he meant!

I’ll be right back…
Okay, I’m back.  Here I thought I had the night off from working at another task after what has already been a very long day.  I’m not sure I want yet another account to manage but I’ve completed the task and created a new Facebook page (using the new Timeline; not sure yet if I like it).  This will be a public page just for writing so you can find me under Paula J Howell.  I’m not sure how much I’ll post on a regular basis but for any newbie writers and authors out there, I’d love to network with you so find me, like me and post on my page.  I’d enjoy hearing what challenges you have faced and what you have been able to accomplish.

Thanks for tagging along with me as I participate in this challenge.  Until tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment