Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013 and a Year in Photos


So how did 2013 treat you?  As I look back on my year, I have to admit it has been quite busy and full of many ups but also a few downs:  three books signings, taking part in Lakefair, my oldest graduated from college, my youngest turned 16, trips to the beach, to Portland, to Seattle, a road trip to Idaho, I made it as a quarter finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest, published my second book, lost a wonderful aunt, welcomed an adorable niece and ended the year focusing more on my  health after surgery.  Overall, 2013 has been a good year and I truly look forward to what 2014 has in store for me. 
Throughout the year, I’ve taken many, many photographs.  This is not unusual for me as I carry my camera with me just about every time I step out of the house; partly because I love to take photographs and partly because, as an investigator, I need to be prepared should it be necessary to take photographs on short notice.  As one of my final posts for 2013, I thought I’d share some of my favorite photos for each month out of the year. 

JANUARY:  Piper – she is the only character in my books who gets to keep her true name.

 
FEBRUARY:  From a trip to Portland, at the Pittock Mansion – I loved this staircase.

 
MARCH:  Spring is probably my favorite time of year and it’s when I get excited about planning my garden – there is a moment in time when the blossoms on my plum trees are just beautiful and I know we’re heading towards much nicer weather.


APRIL:  My favorite month and I had a hard time picking my favorite photo but I finally stuck with this guy – he came to visit me when I was eating my lunch at a park in Olympia and I thought he was beautiful.
 


MAY:  A walk around Tumwater Falls never fails to produce some nice photos – again, had a hard time to choose a favorite photo.

 
JUNE:  I adore anything moose - so it's not a surprise to learn this is one of my favorite garden decorations.  
 
JULY:  I took a ton of photos during the month of July but I just love this boathouse we spotted during our road trip to Idaho.

 
AUGUST:  On board the Lotus on a beautiful day during Harbor Days in Olympia – if a boat can be called adorable, this one would be it.

 
SEPTEMBER:  A shot of the valley from my driveway and some of my neighbor's cows.

 
OCTOBER:  An absolutely beautiful sunrise I was thrilled to get a shot of on my way out one morning.

 
NOVEMBER:  I see Mt. Rainier every day, if the weather permits it, and I never hesitate to take snapshots whenever I get the chance on a beautiful fall day.

 
DECEMBER:  I took this photo last week when I decided to visit the marina in Olympia during lunch – it was such a gorgeous day and I was surprised when only a few days later we woke up to snow.

 
So there's my year-at-a-glance with some of my favorite photos.  I can’t wait to see what photo opportunities I get during 2014!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment